How to do a council exchange or Housing Association Exchange


The Mutual Exchange process

Throughout this article reference is made to council exchange, this is used simply as a convenient term. The information here applies to all council and housing association tenants irrespective of the type of property you live in. It could be a flat, a bungalow or a maisonette. The type of property you currently live in does not restrict you from moving to any other type of property. Also council tenants are able to exchange with housing association tenants and vice versa.

Can I exchange?

How do I find somebody to exchange with?

This is probably the hardest part of any exchange. There are several ways of finding an exchange.

Council exchange list

council exchange websites


Other options

I've found somebody to exchange with, what happens next?



Exchange approved

Exchange refused

At Under One Roof we work as a team to help you find your dream council exchange.
homes right
copyright © 2006 - 2010 Mutual Exchange Alliance
homes right
council exchange housing association exchange Under One Roof

council exchange - housing association exchange - home swap